The Power of Custom Coverage Insurance – Ensuring Comprehensive Protection

If you want to protect your assets from unexpected financial losses, a comprehensive insurance policy is a great way to go. This type of insurance can provide several significant benefits for businesses and individuals.

Custom parts and equipment coverage can cover repairing or replacing enhancements such as rims and stereo systems if damaged in an accident. It’s usually offered as an add-on to collision and comprehensive car insurance.


If you customize your vehicle with advanced parts, custom accessories, or other specialty equipment that can’t easily be replaced, special equipment coverage can help. Typically found in collector car policies, collectible policies, and race car policies, this type of car insurance ensures that the appraised value of your customization will be covered in the event of a loss or theft.

Customized Equipment coverage often includes devices like stereo systems, furnishings such as after-market seats, and other enhancements the original manufacturer doesn’t install. It can also include purely aesthetic components, such as rims and spoilers. It is an essential add-on for anyone who has invested money into their car. In case of theft or loss, this insurance covers transportation expenses. This is important for ensuring you can get to work or the grocery store, even if an accident keeps you from driving.

Collision Coverage

Custom parts and equipment coverage, or CPE coverage, is a non-compulsory car insurance policy that helps cover the cost of replacing permanently installed custom equipment or devices. This includes everything from custom tires and lighting to stereos, alarms, and more.

It covers damage to your custom parts and equipment caused by a collision with another vehicle or object or from rolling over. The coverage is separate from your liability protection, which pays others for damages you drive in a covered accident; check the website.

If your car is expensive or has a significant value, it may be worth getting collision insurance to help minimize financial stress and loss should something happen to the vehicle. Plus, if you’re financing or leasing your car, your lienholder may require you to have both comprehensive and collision coverage. Talk to your lender about this. You’ll need to pay a deductible before the insurer starts to cover your damages. You can choose a high or low deductible when you add this coverage to your policy.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Uninsured motorist coverage (UM) and underinsured motorist coverage (UIM) protect you if you’re in an accident with someone who doesn’t have car insurance or doesn’t have enough coverage. It covers medical expenses for insured family members after a crash with an uninsured driver.

Custom parts and equipment coverage covers permanent, dealer-installed accessories, devices like DVD players, furnishings like after-market seats, and vehicle enhancements not installed by the original manufacturer. This is usually separate from collision and comprehensive coverage but may be subject to the same deductibles.

Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage pays for injuries and damages caused by a driver without enough liability car insurance. It’s required in some states and optional in others, but it’s a wise choice to add for protection on the road. It’s also often less expensive than pursuing compensation through an at-fault driver’s insurance provider.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.